Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Leadership debates matters… like, a lot.




I was wrong about the Alberta election. Like, really wrong. Not in the ball park. Didn’t even make it to the parking lot near the ball park. I couldn’t get my car started and was forced to stay home and make noodle soup wrong. Utterly, totally wrong.


I obviously had no idea just how much anti-PC sentiment has grown up in Alberta. Wow.


The polls were spot on. This means that the tide really turned with the leadership debate. I wonder how much Jim Prentice regrets commenting, “Math is hard.”


And this means that politics are still all about people. Alberta Premier Elect, Rachel Notley deserves a ton of credit for this victory. Albertans, in big numbers, clearly see the NDP as a viable governing party. They would not think this if it were not for Rachel. Wow. Just, wow.


What does this mean to the federal election? I think that a lot may hang on the leaders’ debates. Mulcair is a scrapper. Harper is a very smart tactician. And Trudeau… well, I suspect that the federal election may be his to lose or win and that this may well depend on his performance in the leaders’ debate.


Alberta went NDP? Wow. Just, wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment